Redstack has launched the Pegasus UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle). Based on the DJI S900 UAV, this professional grade customised UAV has taken flight with impressive results.
The Pegasus is very portable, made of lightweight materials and has a Hex V motor configuration, providing a flight time of 18 minutes (@1200mAh & 6.8Kg Take-Off Weight). It weighs 3.3 kilograms with a maximum weight of 8.2Kg.
It has some awesome innovations, such a multi-rotor one-motor fail protection and a unique arm design, giving more stability when pitching and rolling, yet still providing flexibility when rotating, which is a challenge in other UAV’s.
It produced excellent footage from the SLR-HD camera and with the HD video downlink via WiFi you get a instant stream to your PC. Since the Pegasus has retractable landing gear, you get excellent viewing angles. The camera gimbals and specifically designed dampers ensure clearer footage by minimising vibration.
Redstack uses DJI primary components with custom options developed to suit various industries, such as:
- Propeller guards and shielding
- Outfitting it with FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) camera for power utilities to gauge heat variances in their power line inspections
- Multi-spectural camera for agricultural applications which can be used in conjunction with FLIR
- Supplied with two heavy duty travel cases; one for a charging station, the other was a 15″ LED Screen
- Includes three batteries. A full cell charge is approximately thirty minutes, so you should have continuous fly
- Custom lined pelican case for portability
To fly the Pegasus UAV you need to be CASA certified. Alternatively, Redstack can hire out a Pilot and/or the vehicle too.