Maptek I-Site 8820 Laser Scanner
The Maptek I-Site 8820 laser scanning system combines rugged hardware and powerful modelling software with streamlined survey workflow. It enhances site safety and delivers accurate data for all survey applications, improving overall survey productivity.
The I-Site 8820 laser scanner offers increased range, acquisition speed, range accuracy and a new modular design. It provides a superior method of acquiring survey grade scan data.
Standard components include on-board controls, in-built compass and GPS. The modular design of the I-Site 8820 laser scanner allows configuration to match specific survey requirements.
The I-Site 8820 is the only laser scanner with a fully integrated digital camera, enabling simultaneous capture of 3D laser point clouds with overlaid photo pixels. It features an integrated GPS and digital compass. I-Site 8820 laser scanners can be ordered without the camera and telescope if they are not essential to your specific application.
Maptek I-Site 8000 series scanners are the only terrestrial laser scanners sealed to IP65 and ruggedised to withstand the tough mining environment.
- Safety: The most portable scanner for rapid survey in dangerous or inaccessible environments
- Productivity: Designed to guide survey workflow, improving efficiency of field tasks and delivery of results
- Proven: Rated to IP65 for environmental protection
- Accuracy: Detailed 3D geological mapping and reliable volume calculations
- Versatility: Short and long range scanning in one premium, easy to use instrument
- Integration: Extra long range scanning combined with digital imaging and modelling software
- Flexibility: Multiple options for scan storage and scan management
- Ruggedised: Exceptional temperature range for scanner storage and operation
- Laser scanner: Collects 8800 laser points per second at a range of up to 2000 metres, with 80° vertical and 360° horizontal fields of view
- Integrated digital camera: 70 mega pixel panoramic camera, with no calibration or alignment required
- Ergonomic design: Developed for 1 person operation and field portability, all features are built in
- Alignment telescope: Integrated, motorised survey grade telescope for backsighting
- Inbuilt tools: Internal digital compass and integrated GPS further streamline infield survey
- Wireless controller: Panasonic toughbook for parameter definition, scan management and viewing
One of the advantages of the Maptek scanners is they are built tough as shown in the I-Site 8820 video below: