Redstack turns 20 today
17 November 2015
Redstack has officially been in business for 20 years. Starting out as ProGroup evolving to IMAGINiT Technologies and now Redstack throughout the years.
Back in 1996, Phil had hair as you can see in the photo, CAD was booming and the industry was making a rapid transition from manual 2D drafting to 2D design in products like AutoCAD, newly released AutoCAD LT, CADkey and Microstation. Autodesk had just released Mechanical Desktop R1, the very first bundled product (what we now call a suite). It included AutoCAD R13, Designer, AutoSurf and IGES translator.
See our very first ProGroup newsletter from 1996.
There have been many changes and highlights along the way, see some of the major transitions and highlights below:
- The introduction of the first Autodesk vertical product and suite, Mechanical Desktop R1
- AutoCAD R13 and the introduction of Microsoft Windows 3.1
- 1999, ProProup introduces a new technology to its clients, 3D Printing
- 1999, Autodesk Inventor R1 is introduced.
- ProGroup.com.au launched on this new thing called the World Wide Web
- 2000, The millennium bug. What a flop that turned out to be.
- Autodesk move from software upgrades to an annual maintenance plan, Subscription.
- June 2000, ProGroup introduces PDM, product data management.
- July 2000, the introduction of the GST
- 2000, ProGroup launches the very first CAD Reseller Adobe Flash web site. Wins industry awards.
- 2001 ProGroup merges with Rand Worldwide
- 2001, ProGroup introduces mobile computing with the Compaq iPaq hand held device and Autodesk On-Site View.
- 2002, we open the Melbourne office
- 2004, ProGroup rebrands to IMAGINiT Technologies
- 2009, we launch the first electronic newsletter
- 2011, we open our Sydney office.
- 2011, IMAGINiT and ADA CAD Partners join forces to run the very first Autodesk University in Australia. (in three states)
- 2011, IMAGINIT is the first to launch eLearning in Australia
- 2011 Autodesk introduces the channel to Desktop Subscription licensing model
- 2013, IMAGINiT Australia is acquired back and becomes an Australian owned business again
- 2013 we rebrand to Redstack and launch our amazing new website.
- 2013 we partner with Avitas for UAV solutions
- 2014 Redstack launches its client portal
- 2015 new product lines added: 3D printing and Apple hardware.
Thank you to all our clients who have partnered with us throughout this journey, we look forward to partnering with you for the next 20 years.