Scan to BIM 2015.1 now available
By Bill Adams, Redstack
Phone: 1300 667 263
This release has many small improvements and one major feature that changes the way Scan To BIM is used for piping with the addition of an “easy button” like feature called Auto-Find Pipes. This feature when used will scan the entire point cloud or a selected area and look for pipes then create matching pipe runs using native Revit geometry.
See an overview covering some of the new features in Scan to BIM 2015.1:
A few more items in this release to make note of:
- Help File is now web based, we can edit and update for all users at any time (ie add a more detailed example)
- More Tutorials, added via the app but pulling from our youtube playlist for STB 2015.
- Tweak to Deviation, smaller numbers and Grid Deviation now supports placing numbers in the grid view (center of each grid) as shown in the video above.
- The Adjust Pipe feature has now been moved from the Create Pulldown Menu to the Modify Menu
- Added new settings for update check and close dialog after creation.