In previous versions of Autodesk products it has been challenging to switch license types from network to stand alone. You either had to completely reinstall the product and go behind the scenes and make registry changes. There was no simple method to make the change.
Autodesk have now made it easy to switch from between a network and a stand alone license. Given that Autodesk subscription and network licenses need to check in regularly to keep running, this could come in very handy. For example, if you found yourself offline or off your network without a borrowed license, you can switch to a trial license and back again when you reconnect if you had to.
Follow the steps below to switch between a network and a stand alone license
1. Open your Autodesk 2017 software and go to 'Help > About' in the tp right corner
2. Select 'Manage License' (previously Product Information) on the window shown below:
3. Select 'Change license type' as shown below: You might notice this is also where you go to borrow a network license now.
4. Confirm you wish to change the license type by selecting 'Change'.
5. If you are on a network version, you may get the warning below. Choose the most appropriate option from the list to continue closing the software.
6. Open your Autodesk software again. You will now be presented with the screen below as if you were running it for the first time. Select the appropriate option and you're done. If you use a network version and find yourself without a borrowed license, you can run a 30 day trial to get you out of trouble. Note that you can only do this once though and the trial can not be reset.
More information and further support:
Redstack have a team of technical experts available to assist you with any further support you might require.
Contact us on 1300 667 263 to speak with one of our technical experts today.