What's New in AutoCAD 2018
Autodesk have now released AuotCAD 2018 and it comes with a broad range of new features and functionality. If you have a current subscription, you automatically receive your update to AutoCAD 2018 and can begin utilising these great new features:
- The File navigation dialog box remembers the sort order (e.g., alphabetical, file size, date modified) and displays in that order.
- The Draft Settings dialog box can be resized.
- The Select Color dialog supports direct entry of RGB values.
- The Layer Control option is part of the Quick Access Toolbar menu.
- The Status bar displays when system variables deviate from their preferred values.
- A rubber-band line temporarily stretches dynamically as the cursor moves between two points in the drawing area.
- Selection is maintained when panning and zooming to other parts of a drawing that cause the selected objects to go off screen.
- Linetype gap behavior supports complex and DGN linetypes.
- SHX text from PDF files can be converted from geometry to text.
- PDF import and PDF attach tools display thumbnail previews in the Select File dialog.
- Rotated TrueType text in imported PDF files no longer creates upside-down text.
- Geometry imported from a PDF is scaled to real-world size in model space if all of the viewports are of the same scale.
- Form data support has improved when importing PDFs.
- The Combine Text tool combines many individual text objects into one multi-line text object.
- When attaching XREFs, the default is relative path instead of full path.
- Saving a drawing to a different location that includes relative path XREFs prompts the user to update the relative paths.
- Find and replace can update all occurrences of an XREF path with a new path.
- Nested (child) XREFs that are not found display as "Orphaned" instead of "Unreferenced."
- Unloaded XREFs can be opened from the External References palette.
- Unloaded XREFs that are renamed are not automatically loaded.
- The External Reference palette recognizes renamed XREFs that weer renamed using other commands, e.g., CLASSICXREF command.
- Share Design View publishes to A360 to facilitate sharing with stakeholders (for whom A360 accounts are not required).
- The DWG format was optimized to open and save more quickly when many annotations or viewports are present.
- For 3D solids and surfaces, the DWG format uses the newest geometric modeler which has improved security and stability.
- Save DWG performance is improved — particularly blocks with annotative scaling; Mtext with columns; and attributes and attribute definitions with multilines.
- DWG saves are most often performed incrementally instead of performing full saves.
- High resolution (4K) monitors are supported.
- The REGEN3 command regenerates views to repair anomalies in the display of 3D solids and surfaces.
- High-quality geometry appears even when the smooth line display option is turned off.
- Zoom, pan, and 3D orbit operations are less likely to degrade as very large models are navigated.
- Since Microsoft will depreciate v7.0 in June, Bing Maps v8.0 is supported.
- Add-ons that support the new DWG format are easily identified in the Autodesk App Store.
- BIMobject content (formerly Autodesk Seek) is directly accessible.
- Support for iDrop was removed for security reasons.
- The BIM 360 ribbon tab was removed but can be restored by downloading it from the BIM 360 Glue page.
- A subscription to AutoCAD includes the AutoCAD mobile app
AutoCAD Varieties, now all the same price
You can now get a specialised version of AutoCAD at the same price as AutoCAD. Choose from:
The AutoCAD team has put together some videos that demonstrate the new features:
- AutoCAD 2018: User Interface Enhancements:
- AutoCAD 2018: Object Selection:
- AutoCAD 2018: PDF Enhancements
- AutoCAD 2018: Combine Text
- AutoCAD 2018: External Reference Enhancements
- AutoCAD 2018: Technology and Performance Updates
Contact us for more information AutoCAD 2018 or subscribe today at store.redstack.com.au