What's New in Autodesk Inventor 2016 R3?
By Damien Jovica, Redstack
The new Autodesk Inventor R3 release not only has hotfixes but Autodesk have added more technology for Autodesk Invnetor users with a current subscription. The update can be accessed from your Autodesk Account.
To refresh your memory, Release 2 included:
- Shape Generator – Punch in a force, factor of safety and how much weight you need reduced and Shape generator will provide a design that meets the criteria
- Force Effect, which is a simulation app on Android and iOS, is now fully integrated into Inventor. Force Effect gives you the ability at the concept stage to input forces and get a better understanding of loads
- IDF workflow enhancements – more IDF import and publishing options for PCB design
In Autodesk Inventor Release 3, these new features were added:
- Inventor Connected Design on A360 – This integrates A360 into Inventor, so you can share lightweight 3D files with non-inventor users on any web-enabled device and have a live comment feed with notifications from stake holders which you have invited to ‘Design Share’.
- Publish designs to IFC format – The BIM Exchange tool now has the ability to export to Revit, ADSK and buildingSMART-certified IFC.
With the Autodesk Inventor 2017 release about 6 months away, it is great to see these new features already included in 2016.
Contact us for more information Autodesk Inventor. Talk to us today about how to get the most out of your CAD software investment.