AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Updates and Enhancements
Great news for AutoCAD Civil 3D users. Service Pack 1 for Civil 3D has already been released with some great enhancements and further improvements are on their way.
Civil 3D 2016 SP1 is available for download and offers the following enhancements:
- Includes improvements to DGN export and linetype support, a new .NET Feature Line API and improvements to Hydraflow Storm Sewers
- Addresses quality issues identified internally or in the field
- Note – Internal tracking metrics show R2016 to be well ahead of any previous Civil 3D release in all quality-related categories. The delivery of SP1 will give organizations that much more confidence to move to the R2016 platform.
Civil 3D 2016 Productivity Pack 1 (Coming soon) will deliver the following enhancements:
- Bentley Civil Engineering Data Translator (port from R2015 extension)
- Rail Turnouts and Crossings (Replacement to the former Rail Module… This includes a number of improvements including crossings, new turnout types and more)
- Coordinate Geometry Editor (update to the COGO Editor in the R2015 ProPack)
- Earthwork Plan Production (replacement to “Cartogramma/Earthwork grid labeling” programs that we’ve delivered in prior years
- Create 3D solids from Civil 3D pipes (gravity and pressure)… This is the same tool as we provided in Civil 3D 2015 ProPack
Note: The Civil 3D 2016 Productivity Pack requires installation of SP1
There are also a number of other extensions that will be released during the month of August including the Civil 3D Bridge module, River and Flood Analysis module and the Revit Civil Structures extension and a bunch of other great enhancements in progress.
Keep an eye on the AutoCAD Civil 3D Autodesk Knowledge Network page for the latest updates and enhancements.
Contact us for more information on AutoCAD Civil 3D.