Autodesk Revit 2018.1 Update
The Autodesk Revit 2018.1 update is now available for download.
Autodesk have increased the frequency of their updates to better match their recently adopted agile development methodology . Since Revit 2018 was released in April 2017, additional features and updates have been developed and are now ready in Revit 2018.1, accessible in your Autodesk Account for Subscribers to Revit, the Autodesk AEC Collection, and suites containing Revit.
Many of these updates have come from feedback and suggestions from the global Revit community. Autodesk actively encourage your ideas, suggestions and feedback through the Revit Ideas page.
What’s new in Revit 2018.1?
The latest Revit release includes new functionality and features that strengthen Revit– building a solid foundation for product reliability and efficiency while creating a modern and effortless experience. There’s also new functionality that helps you efficiently create information that captures design intent and connects workflows for team based project delivery with Revit.
Core new Revit features for everyone
These new features will benefit all Revit users, regardless of your discipline.
- Dynamo Player improvements: Dynamo Player is the powerful scripting tool that installs with Revit. Dynamo is now an even more valuable automation tool. You can now adapt Dynamo scripts to fit your unique needs by requesting user input before use. Providing user input directly in the Dynamo Player interface lets customers make project specific adjustments to scripts without understanding how to use Dynamo. As well as a User Interface refresh that makes Dynamo easier to use, the Dynamo player now includes additional scripts.
The Dynamo Player has a new User Interface and now accepts inputs
You will enjoy the new schedule management in project browser feature. This is something the Revit community has been requesting for a while. This new feature allows you to apply project browser organisation to schedules. Reducing visual clutter makes it easier to find schedules, especially in big projects.
Apply project browser organization to schedules
For Architects, Revit 2018.1 continues to deliver architectural features that help you work efficiently to capture design intent.
- Additional ready-to-use content delivered with Revit 2018.1 is especially helpful for new Revit users and Revit LT subscribers. New content includes office cubicles, furniture, residential and commercial windows, and an appliance library.
New ready to use architectural content
- The new Visual Materials API allows you to create and edit Appearance Assets — the particular instances of classes representing visual material properties– of materials in Revit. Another Revit user community request, the opening of the materials API now allows the automated creation of materials libraries and simplified transfer of material information between products. Now you can use any third party tool to make changes to material finishes.
Edit appearance assets of materials
For Structural Engineers, the Revit 2018.1 update adds functionality that continues to improve the workflow between steel engineers and detailers and concrete engineers and detailers working together in a BIM environment.
- Free form rebar distribution in curved elements: New capabilities increase the versatility of reinforced concrete detailing to include support for the complexities of civil structures, architecturally demanding building elements, and other concrete structures such as bridge piers. Revit 2018.1 lets you distribute rebar along multiple face segments in 3D views. Free form rebars are part of the Structural Rebar category, and have all the properties associated with it. Free form rebars can be created as single bars or rebar sets, and the rebar quantity for every instance of a free form rebar can be easily adjusted.
You can use customisable numbering settings and provide accurate shop drawings with schedules that display varying lengths in Free Form Rebar sets for improved integration with fabrication. Learn more about the new free form rebar feature.
Free form rebar distribution
New steel content delivered with Revit 2018.1 to support detailing of steel modeling includes flat, round and square bars content, improving interoperability with Autodesk Advance Steel. Revit 2018.1 also includes new content for bracing and railings. Autodesk are also developing more country specific content with tailored content for the United States, Canada, UK, Europe, India, and South Africa all available in Revit 2018.1
New steel content
The Autodesk Structural Precast Extension is a BIM-centric offering for modelling and detailing precast elements that promotes productivity and precision for engineers, detailers and fabricators working on typical building projects in the precast industry. As an app for Revit software, Structural Precast for Revit provides Revit users access to powerful tools for automatic rule based segmentation, reinforcement, shop drawings and CAM file generation of precast planar concrete elements.
Learn more about the Structural Precast Extension
Structural Precast extension for Revit
For Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) users, the Revit 2018.1 update delivers several fabrication modeling improvements that further build on the functionality released with Revit 2018 in April.
- Sloped pipe in multipoint routing: This new feature allows you to easily route sloped piping by specifying the slope as you are routing the pipe. For example, specify a slope like a ½” = 1’-0” as you are routing the pipe. When you branch off the main run you can then continue that same slope or change the slope to 1/8” = 1’-0” so that the branch has a different slope than the main run and all fittings are at the correct slope. Any taps into the pipe will automatically pick up the slope of the connected pipe.
- Dynamic holes: When you place a tap on a duct, the hole in that tap will be sent from the Revit detail model to Fabrication CAMduct, ready for manufacturing. The shape of the hole does not matter. You can tap into a duct with a Square-to-Round and the pattern will be sent to Fabrication CAMduct for manufacturing. You can view the hole location in a flat pattern on sheet metal in development and all the holes will be in the correct location when you fabricate the part.
- API for Center line length on fabrication parts: The API now allows you to interrogate the centerline length of fabrication parts to facilitate automation and point load calculations. Another Revit user request, Autodesk have exposed the centerline length parameter that we have on the fabrication side in the API for Revit. It enables you to access the centerline length on fittings like elbows, tees and crosses. The centerline length parameter is valuable information that can be used in several ways to benefit Mechanical, Electrical and Plubming contractors.
- API for creating a MAJ file: This API gives you the ability to improve manufacturing workflows by customizing your MAJ export to suit your unique standards and specify how you want your data to come back into Fabrication CAMduct for manufacturing. You can create a MAJ file which is used for advanced spooling tool which allows you to modify how you export your jobs whether by section or by certain details you have in a fabrication part. This facilitates the spooling process when going back into Fabrication CAMduct or Fabrication CADmep for manufacturing.
- Fabrication Reports and Worksheets: Revit now lets you use and modify new and existing Fabrication CADmep reports in Revit for fabrication parts. You can setup Item, Ancillary, or Linear Nest reports, as well as Worksheets. You can adjust the reports for your company standards, as you can with other Revit reports. Revit will automatically pull the parameter data from fabrication parts you have selected and produce a printable report for you.
Fabrication reports and worksheets
With such a broad range of enhancements, there should be something for everyone in the latest Revit 2018.1 update.
Contact us for more information on 1300 667 263 or subscribe to Revit now at store.redstack.com.au